Locksmith Verification Process
- We search online local directories and search engines for locksmith listings.
- We call the individual locksmiths to confirm details.
- We research the business licensing data and location information to make sure it’s licensed in real.
- The State is contacted to make sure the company is licensed in that state and all the proper tax filings are made, trading names are registered, and incorporation information is on file with the state.
- We send out a field researcher necessary to verify the on the ground location, as well as interview the locksmith.
- The data is then compiled into a single listing and post it in our directory.
Fair Trade Locksmith Guidelines
Primary Criteria-Only advertises an address(s) they have an affiliation with under the following conditions:
1. A walk-in location
2. A dispatch or corporate location
3. A P.O. Box used to represent the locksmith company for official company correspondence.
4. A residential address at which a locksmith lives or resides used as a corporate office.
Secondary Qualifying Criteria – may be used if unclear status from primary criteria
- A Fair Trade Locksmith follows the Associated Locksmiths of America Code of Ethics.
- A Fair Trade Locksmith abides by all federal, state and local laws required by that locksmith business.
- A Fair Trade Locksmith holds all current state or local licenses and any related business registrations.
- A Fair Trade Locksmith business name must be properly registered with all state, municipal and/or county agencies.
- A Fair Trade Locksmith pays all Federal, State and local taxes including state sales tax (if required).
- A Fair Trade Locksmith hires employees in accordance with State guidelines.